Mobile market research and mobile surveys have been a hot topic for years now and finally market researchers are coming around to the idea of doing some of their research using mobile panels.
But do you know who likes mobile surveys even more than market researchers? Consumers. They are mobile now and the shift from desktop browsing to mobile browsing (and shopping, using social networks, watching videos etc) has happened faster than anyone anticipated.
Mobile is no longer an afterthought, it should be a focus from the start.
4) More people in Africa have access to mobile phones than to clear drinking water. There are over 80 million phones connected to the internet on the continent. Tweet This Stat! (Source: On Device Research)
7) One in eight US online panelist now respond to surveys via their mobile device, up 20-30% after each Christmas period (go gadgets as gifts!). In 2 years this will be as high as 50% of all panel respondents. Tweet This Stat! (Source: Federated Sample)
10) Smartphones represented only 18 percent of total global handsets in use in 2012, but represented 92 percent of total global handset traffic. Feature phones still make up the vast majority of handsets on the global network - 82% to be exact. Tweet This Stat! (Source: Cisco)
11) Over 6% of the total mobile audience in the US scanned a QR code in June 2011, impressive number considering the penetration of smartphones back then. Both smartphone usage and QR scanning has gone up, great potential for survey distribution? Tweet This Stat! (Source: comScore)
13) Survey completion rate on mobile for well managed panel can be as high as 80%. Typical completion rates with online panel vary from 10-15%. Tweet This Stat! (Sources: On Device Research and SurveyGizmo)