Job Reference: SGBD27
About On Device Research
Using proprietary mobile technology, access to consumers and best practice research tools, On Device Research helps some of the world’s leading research companies, brands, advertising agencies and media owners measure crucial brand effectiveness metrics that define household name brands and their success in a competitive world.
We use mobile to help brands and their agencies measure marketing effectiveness. On Device Research was the first company to measure mobile advertising campaigns using Device IDs and we have won a number of high profile awards for our research products and measured campaigns. The company’s product portfolio has expanded to include Cross Media, Digital and OOH Brand Impact and Store Effect solutions. These innovative products and tools help clients measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns across all media and show how advertising drives consumers through the brand funnel. On Device Research is synonymous with industry leading market research and is a true market leader for measuring advertising effectiveness.
On Device research has continued to enjoy growth in our key markets; Europe, Middle East & North Africa and Asia Pacific. As a result of our continued success we are seeking a proven commercial sales leader to expand our growth in the APAC region.
A key member of both the APAC team and global sales team reporting to the COO, as Commercial Manager, APAC, you will have responsibility for acquiring new business as well as developing existing business and relationships in the region. Our product mix primarily comprises of Advertising Effectiveness solutions, providing ad tech companies, media agencies and brands with market leading tools to measure campaign success, media partner contribution and the creative impact of campaigns. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing and developing new business opportunities across adtech and creative agency landscapes.
- Preparing compelling proposals that are geared towards our clients’ needs.
- Delivering sales presentations and proposals to prospects and clients
- Building, maintaining and closing a strong, qualified sales pipeline
- Achieving exciting, achievable sales targets
- Attending Industry events and conferences to represent On Device Research
- Supporting the development and implementation of new products and services
- Partnering with other On Device business Functions to grow the business efficiently and effectively
You’re an experienced sales and marketing/media professional, experienced in discovering and creating exciting new opportunities that help businesses measure their marketing effectiveness. Working within a fast paced, growth company environment requires a dedicated and flexible mind-set. The ability and desire to share skills with the team and an understanding that success doesn’t come without commitment and hard work is a must. You are a self-starter, able to work effectively alone and as part of a wider team. You know how to open doors and are already well connected in our sector. Motivation comes from your desire to win; to close business and see the company you are part of grow as a result.
You are likely a traditional ‘hunter’ personality and you don’t shy away from a challenge. Rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in is what makes a role and a working environment fun for you. You’re fired up to achieve your targets whilst maintaining a fierce passion for delivering to and delighting your customers.
Key Competencies and Tasks
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience working in a client facing commercial role with experience/understanding of Marketing communications research and in particular Brand Performance and Measurement.
- Experienced in media sales and advertising technology
- A comprehensive understanding of the media and advertising industries
- Knowledge and understanding of different research methodologies
- A keen understanding of and interest in mobile and cross device advertising
- Ambition and drive to achieve and exceed aggressive sales targets
- Comfortable using CRM software to manage and accurate pipeline
- Be a self-starter with the ability and the desire to work independently
- Strong internal and external written and verbal communication skills
- Consultative solution driven selling skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a strong personality
- Confidence in presenting/communicating to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of our business and our clients’ organisations
- Creative problem solving skills – can handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through any differences to a positive conclusion
- A high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency to deliver results.
- Have a “no task too big, no task too small” attitude
- Be a hands-on, self-starter who works well in a team environment
- Possess strong report writing skills and passionate about accurate data